Friday, August 29, 2008

Unraveling by Michelle Baldini and Lynn Biederman


Amanda is a 15 year old teen who is still trying to figure out who she is. She doesn't get along with her perfect sister. She is convinced that her mother, "The Captain" hates her because she was her parents' teenage mistake. The whole family is constantly arguing. So when the a hot guy, Rick, from schools says he'll date her if she gives him her virginity at homecoming, she ends up on a downward spiral. After tragedy, the family finally starts coming together and communicating with each other. This is a very frank and honest look at an angry and confused 15 year old, who just can't seem to communicate with her mother. This is definately a girl book (lots of period discussion) Through most of it I was angry and frustrated at the mother and daughter who could never say the right things to each other but by the end I was enjoying it. I would love to hear what other's think about this book. I'm sitting on the fence. Definately a good book to have in a collection, I'm not sure about TU. So I'm Maybe.

1 comment:

Pat said...

I enjoyed this book also.(I was very cross with the mother, in particular!) But because of its very graphic content and that it does not have universal appeal, I am voting NO