Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The Host by Stephenie Meyer


Quick re-cap: Aliens have invaded the earth and won. They take over peoples bodies as home for their "souls". Wanderer finds that she is sharing space with Melanie, the body owner who won't go away. Melanie makes her look for lost mate Jared. Both souls love Jared. Strange alien love triangle ensues.
I love Twilight. I am a big NAY for The Host. I really wish her marketing team would stop trying to crank out as many bestsellers as possible and allow her to finesse her writing.

3 comments:

Allison said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Allison said...

I liked the book in general but I vote nay. It just wasn't good enough for TU and the first 100 pages were slow.

Iris said...

I thought it got a little bogged down toward the end, but I was for the most part very engaged by the novel, which pictures an alien species that has adapted as an interstellar parasite. The novel is not TEEN per se, given that the main character is hundreds of years old and inhabits an adult, but this novel has great potential to open a lot of teenage girls to the science fiction genre, and to authors they might otherwise avoid.

I say Nay for thumbs, up, but I heartily recommend it as a fun and sometimes exciting read.