Saturday, January 10, 2009

Venomous by Christopher Krovatin

Locke has problems with his anger which he calls venom. And when he does get angry he tends to go overboard. Lately, venom is living closer to the surface and is getting harder for him to cope with. He soon meets and starts dating Renee who is possibly more messed up than he is which helps motivate him into seeing a new therapist. Ultimately has to decide whether to kill the venom, let the venom take over or just come to terms with his anger.

A great book that had me hooked from the start. It is is sprinkled with comic book references and Locke seeing his venom as a comic book character. Each chapter is followed by an illustration and a couple of pages of a comic book story he imagines in his mind. I love Locke's relationship with his younger brother. Really well written with lots of teen appeal. I had it with me at a teen program and the teens were arguing about who was going to read it when I finished. I give this a big thumbs up!

1 comment:

Patty said...

Love this book! Loved it! Loved it! Chris Krovatin rocks! Satan is a mensch! Locke's love for his little brother Len is legendary (alliteration rocks!)Thumbs Up!