Monday, October 13, 2008

Take Me There by Susane Colasanti


Three good friends attending a design high school in Manhattan relate how one week changed their respective lives. Rhiannon gets dumped, gets humiliated, and gets supported by friends, Nicole enters a flirtation with a teacher and must confront the shadows in her past, and James finds that he is falling for Rhiannon.
Told in alternating voices (same day of the week from each of the teens perspectives), this book sucked me in! I spent the entire (and I mean from 9-noon) morning reading this on my couch. The diaglogue may be it's biggest pitfall, because Colasanti completely captures the cadence and catch-phrases of this generation of teens. This will ultimately date this book, but man, is she spot on!
I'm not sure this has great literary value, but it was a fun, insightful, and sometimes heartwrenching read with huge teen appeal . I'll go Yay for now.

1 comment:

Deb Motley said...

I wasn't as pulled in as Katie. It was enjoyable but I didn't stay up late reading it. I give it a maybe.