Monday, October 27, 2008

My Most Excellent Year: a Novel of Love, Mary Poppins & Fenway Park by Steve Kluger


I want to start by saying that I don't like the cover, I think it could scare some readers away. That being said, I really enjoyed this book. It is about 3 teens writing about their most excellent year. TC and Augie are brothers in all but blood and Ale is a new student who's father is an ambassador. Told in IMs, phone calls, diary entries, e-mails, letters, it follows their love, self discovery, missions, and friendships. Though the book has many threads and story lines, (what lives don't?) it all comes together. The characters are well fleshed out including supporting characters. I didn't expect to like it as much as I did, especially with such a ridiculous cover. I give it a thumbs up!

1 comment:

Josh B. said...

I must agree. I really really liked this book. All three characters, and all the different threads surrounding them were very interesting, and were all brought together very well. I am not fully sure what I liked so much about this book (other then the Red Sox ties) but I just really got into it. It was simply a well written, and fun story, with characters that were easy to relate to. I give it a big thumbs up.