Friday, October 24, 2008

Artichoke's Heart by Suzanne Supplee


Rosemary has been teased at school for years because of her weight. Her aunt is also hard on her but one year right after Christmas she decides to do something about it. With the help of a therapist and a new friend, she slowly works the weight off and gets her first boyfriend (he liked her before she lost weight). But is about more than just weight loss, it is more about her coming to like herself and also her relationship with her cancer stricken single mother. A good book, that except for a reference to the show Divine Design, should stand the test of time but I don't see it as a TU. I'm nay for now.

2 comments:

Iris said...

I thought this was a good book too, but nothing really jumped out as truly outstanding or special, so I agree with Nay.

Pat said...

I really liked this story and will definitely booktalk it. However I think that it would only appeal to girls. Love the cover! Voting NO